Dedicated hosting is a web hosting option in which a company leases an entire server, which is usually housed in a data center. The host not only provides the server equipment, but may additionally provide administration and other services.
This is considered more flexible arrangement for the client because unlike in shared server arrangements, it provides the organization total control over the server, its software and security systems. In some cases, a dedicated server will be less expensive.
- The client is assured of a lot of control and flexibility over the server. He enjoys the freedom of selecting what applications to install and what configurations to tweak to suit his desires. This preclude the option of selecting whether to let the provider manage everything for him or to fully manage the server himself.
- With the server safely installed during a monitored, climate-controlled environment within provider’s data center, the client is assured that his data is safe and secured. And with no one else sharing the server with him assures the client better security against being affected by malicious software attack and alternative threats experienced by different server users.
- With no one else to share the resources with, the client is assured of better stability, server reliability and high performance.
- Clients are given full Root/Administrator access to your server which permits the client to install programs and perform custom configurations to suit his desires.
- Leasing a server in a safe data center means the client want only pay the usage of the server, saving him a lot of cash in building and maintaining his own data center structure.
- It is more expensive as compared to different hosting solutions.
- You need have the ability to manage the server by yourself.
- If you can’t troubleshoot the issues yourself than you have to hire technicians to do the task for you and pay them additional cost.
Dedicated Server is more expensive and safe to use but Shared Hosting is less expensive and it is not safe to use. So, both Dedicated Server and Shared Hosting has its own Benefits and Drawbacks from which you can compare and select the best one for your business. But I would suggest you to go for Dedicated Server because it’s security is good for any kind of business.