A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual server that the user perceives as a dedicated/private server even though it is installed on a physical computer running multiple operating systems.
A virtual private server is also known as virtual dedicated server (VDS).
- Your Business will have full control on your VPS server
- Your Business will get power with more resources
- Better security and performance compared to shared hosting
- It is easily upgraded to the higher resources
- Nearly isolation from some another VPSs running on the same physical machine.
- It is more expensive than shared hosting
- You should need more technical skills to Handle VPS Server
- It cannot be controlled Easily as compared to Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is a Kind of internet hosting service that enables multiple websites to share a physical internet server and its resources among the hosted websites. Shared hosting logically distributes an Web server to accommodate,serve and operate more than one website.
Shared hosting can also be Called as virtual shared hosting.
- Shared Hosting is Cheaper than VPS Hosting.
- The administration and maintenance of the server is taken cared of by the hosting provider So, won’t face any technical issues of the server..
- For making your website easily manageable you will get cPanel or any other user-friendly application.
- More number of email accounts.
- MySQL and PHP support.
- 99.99% Uptime Guarantee
- When you share the resources of a single server, your website will often experience sluggishness because of the request brought by other websites.
- You will have limitation because all the users are using the same network, CPU, memory and hard drive.
- You will have less features as compared to Shared hosting.
- Shared Hosting have more security issues as compared to VPS Hosting.
- In Shared Hosting some of the available port and connections may be limited due to security policy.
- Shared servers are usually prone to hacking attacks.
- Any malicious activity that the server suffers affects the whole network of websites using the server.
Both the Hosting has its own Pros & Cons. So, you can compare and select the best one for yourself as per your requirement and budget.